Just wanted to keep everyone updated. Happily there is not a lot to share since busting out of the joint (leaving the hospital) yesterday.
We got Jackie back to her apartment and settled in. She took a long and well-earned nap in the afternoon, ate some good take-out food from the Urban Cookhouse – well, she ate a little of it. And we all got to bed early last night.
Jackie slept pretty well. She got up before we did, cooked an egg and ate her breakfast including a side order of prednisone. Nancy and I were stirring when she knocked on the door to come in the room and hang out with us. The short version of the story is that she ended up in my spot in the bed, and I got up to make coffee. She is now occupying the whole bed while Nancy and I eat breakfast and catch up on overnight emails and Facebook posts. We’re both glad she’s getting some good sleep.
For those who have asked for specific prayer requests, here are a few:
– Pray that her headache will go away. It has been coming and going since the lumbar puncture. It just makes her feel sick all over.
– Pray for her stamina to push forward with her physical therapy.
– Pray that she will continue to be encouraged by family, friends and most of all by God’s Spirit.
– Pray that Nancy and I will have the wisdom to know when to get on the road and for safety during the trip home.
– Pray for Jay (don’t tell him I suggested this) that he will be comforted in spite of the distance between him and his sister.
– Praise God for His goodness and grace in Jackie’s life and His provision of an excellent neurologist and great friends and church.
Today’s agenda is simple: Try to get things back to some semblance of normal. We’ll try to get cleaned up and maybe go to the grocery store. Getting out will be good for all of us. We’ll also be here for her to go through her first on-her-own therapy. We’ll gauge things and make our plans accordingly.
Thank you again for your prayers and concern. God’s got this!