Church bulletins, newsletters, and signs provide information … and sometimes unintentional laughs. We all make mistakes, but some of us have our mistakes put in print or on signs for the world to see. Author and researcher Thom Rainer put together his top twelve list of church bloopers, and I couldn’t help but share it. Hope it makes you smile.
12. Attend and you will hear an excellent speaker and heave a healthy lunch.
11. Next Thursday, there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
10. The “Over 60s Choir” will be disbanded for the summer with the thanks of the entire church.
9. Weight Watchers will meet at 7 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
8. The Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.
7. We want to pray for our unloved saved ones.
6. Brother Lamar has gone on to be the Lord.
5. On a church postcard: I have received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I would like a personal visit.
4. The church is glad to have with us today as our guest minister the Rev. Ralph Green, who has Mrs. Green with him. After the service we request that all remain in the sanctuary for the Hanging of the Greens.
3. Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered.
2. A new loudspeaker system has been installed in the church. It was given by one of our members in honor of his wife.
1. Please welcome Pastor Don, a caring individual who loves hurting people.